Friday, January 17, 2014

Day One in Town - The Traditions

Ever since the our company has been coming to the Festival (2007), we've had a few little traditions. One: I'm responsible for securing housing arrangements that are convenient, comfortable and able to swell and ebb with a tide of friends, family and guests as needed. We always host a number of students who are in film school or interested in film. This year, one of the students has a film accepted at the Festival, MEMPHIS. I'll report on her experience later. Very proud.

 Another tradition is the trip to the grocery store to make certain that we all don't starve during the difficult chores that await us each day. This trip involves slowly taking a cart and hitting every single aisle, placing foodstuffs most of us (I hope) would not be eating year round, sprinkled with our comfort foods of home. This year I just had to memorialize the 'dry goods' counter.

Another marvelous tradition is our annual kick-off dinner at Zoom Restaurant on Main Street in Park City. Last night was fabulous, we were waiting for some stranded East Coast guests so we had miles of appetizers, bottles of fine wine (I had bubbly), and a fabulous meal. I had fresh caught trout (no head, thank you). Just a great time.

Today is Day one for movies, and tonight, please check back for a taste of how my day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment